Here are some principles I have created to use as a roadmap when deciding what foods to choose. All together, they can be overwhelming, but if you focus on one at a time they are a easier to swallow.
1. Take a moment before eating to appreciate your food
This can be done by saying “grace,” giving thanks to the food and the people who brought it to you, or just taking a few deep breaths before beginning to eat. This will help with principle #2.
2. Eating is meant to be an enjoyable experience
3. Quality of food is just as important as the quantity of food
4. Foods should be eaten in their most natural, traditional form
5. Vegetables with some fruits should be the basis of every eating opportunity
6. Don’t fear the fat!
7. When eating grains, nuts, or legumes (beans), they should be prepared in a way so your body can digest them
8. Dairy products that are pasteurized and homogenized should be limited
9. Fermented foods and beverages should be consumed on a regular basis
10. Eat until you are comfortable and satisfied-no more, no less
Begin your journey today
“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art” La Rochefaucauld
Let us help you get started on your journey to perfect your art of eating.